Charity Church Tower

The hospice of "l'Aumône Générale" ("General Almshouse") or la Charité, built in 1626 with a façade lining the Rhône, was demolished in 1934 to make way for the main Post Office designed by the architect Roux-Spitz. Only the spire of 1665, attributed to Bernini, now remains on this square which, since 1993, has been extended as far as a landing stage on the Rhône.
(c)Ville de Lyon - MÉMOIRE DE LYON